Thursday, September 27, 2012

First Blog Post EVER!



I love to peruse quilting blogs!  Some of the blogs I frequent often (well daily) are truly amazing.  They are full of inspiration, beautiful things and helpful tips or tutorials.  I think I might just be the last quilter on the planet without a blog....so here is my attempt at blogging my quilty adventures.

A took my first quilting class 2 years ago this Fall and I was immediately hooked!  I barely knew how to operate a sewing machine and am still learning how to use one.  The class was an 8 class series and we learned how to make a quilt from start to finish.  It was awesome and instilled in me a love for this hobby.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of my first completed quilt.  I think the block styles are a traditional 9 patch and a monkey wrench block.  The quilt is pretty traditional and the fabrics I used were from the line Wee Wonderland by Keiki for Moda fabrics.

1st Completed Quilt with a dog!!  


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world, sweet quilting friend! I am so happy to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Meredith I wanted to let you know that you won something on my blog for AYOS last month~~~woohoo!

    ReplyDelete