Friday, February 15, 2013

A Forgotten Finish

I finished this simple patchwork quilt the first week in January and forgot to post about it.  Oops!  In December, my husband and I were given a free place to stay in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.  It was awesome.  A friend of ours has a timeshare there and he and his family were not able to go, so they let us use the week.  SWEET!

As a thank you I made them a quilt that reflected some of the colors I saw in Cabo.  The colors in the quilt show the different blues in the water, the different and bright colors of the buildings at the resort, and then of course the colors of the beach, rocks and flora.  

Cabo quilt

I used several different colors of Bella Solids and cut them into charm squares and just put them together very simply.  I love a basic patchwork quilt.  I quilted this one with diagonal lines going in one direction.  The binding is a scrappy binding made with some of the leftover Bella Solids.  On the back I used a gray dot print from the It's A Hoot line for Moda.  I forgot to take a picture of that.  This is also the first quilt I quilted on my fancy new machine and it was a dream!!!!

Sunny Cabo Quilt

I just couldn't resist putting up this second picture with my naught puppy Sunny in it!  He looks like he is smelling up some mischief in the air!  He is a sweet but naughty boy at times - he just can't help it.


Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Your puppy is so cute! I'm always amazed by how lovely simple patchwork can be!

    ReplyDelete