Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I'm going to QuiltCon!

I am so thrilled to be going to QuiltCon later this month! Yay!  I simply cannot wait to get there to learn new techniques, see some of the bloggers in person that I have been reading or following for a few years, and of course to do a bit of shopping!

My dear friend, Laura, and I are going.  We are signed up to take 3 classes.  We are taking Quilting Negative Spaces with Angela Walters, Foundation Paper Piecing with Penny Layman and Machine Piecing Hexagons with Jacquie Gering.  I am so excited to learn from these talented ladies.

I am fortunate enough to live about 4 hours from Austin so the trek for me and Laura will not be that far.  Here is a picture of me that was taken in December....in Cabo.....

Cabo!

Since I am essentially a brand new blogger (since late September), five new things you don't know about me won't be that hard!

1.  I met my precious husband by working in his office!  He is twelve years older than me and I worked in his office the summer between my junior and senior year in college.  Who knew we would end up dating (after I left the Summer job) and then wind up married?  Crazy.  This September we will have been married for 10 years.  Time flies.

2.  I am have three sisters.  I am number two in the line up.  They all live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and I am in East Texas.  There is a span of two years between each of us.

3.  I lived my senior year of high school with my tennis coach and his family.  My Dad's job at the time transferred my family to California for my senior year.  I wanted to play tennis in college on a scholarship and thought that moving out of Texas would impact that.  So, I stayed in Texas and did get that tennis scholarship I had worked hard for.  My parents and sisters all moved back to Texas my sophomore year of college so it truly worked out beautifully.

4.  I love this quilting/sewing hobby of mine!  I have tried many hobbies before and they just didn't stick.  I only first touched a sewing machine about 3 years ago and have been hooked ever since.

5.  My last fact is pretty random.  I haven't vomited in 18 years.  It is true.  The last time I did was my sophomore year in high school.  I am actively trying to continue this streak for many many more years.  Totally random fact.

QuiltCon....here I come!  I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.  I am linking up to the linky party with The Modern Quilt Guild.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meredith! Nice to meet you, and hope to see you at QuiltCon! You know, now that I think about it, I've only puked once in the last 15 years, and it was when I was pregnant and had morning sickness. I come from a family of non-pukers!

    ReplyDelete