My dear friend, Laura, and I are going. We are signed up to take 3 classes. We are taking Quilting Negative Spaces with Angela Walters, Foundation Paper Piecing with Penny Layman and Machine Piecing Hexagons with Jacquie Gering. I am so excited to learn from these talented ladies.
I am fortunate enough to live about 4 hours from Austin so the trek for me and Laura will not be that far. Here is a picture of me that was taken in December....in Cabo.....
Since I am essentially a brand new blogger (since late September), five new things you don't know about me won't be that hard!
1. I met my precious husband by working in his office! He is twelve years older than me and I worked in his office the summer between my junior and senior year in college. Who knew we would end up dating (after I left the Summer job) and then wind up married? Crazy. This September we will have been married for 10 years. Time flies.
2. I am have three sisters. I am number two in the line up. They all live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and I am in East Texas. There is a span of two years between each of us.
3. I lived my senior year of high school with my tennis coach and his family. My Dad's job at the time transferred my family to California for my senior year. I wanted to play tennis in college on a scholarship and thought that moving out of Texas would impact that. So, I stayed in Texas and did get that tennis scholarship I had worked hard for. My parents and sisters all moved back to Texas my sophomore year of college so it truly worked out beautifully.
4. I love this quilting/sewing hobby of mine! I have tried many hobbies before and they just didn't stick. I only first touched a sewing machine about 3 years ago and have been hooked ever since.
5. My last fact is pretty random. I haven't vomited in 18 years. It is true. The last time I did was my sophomore year in high school. I am actively trying to continue this streak for many many more years. Totally random fact.
QuiltCon....here I come! I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. I am linking up to the linky party with The Modern Quilt Guild.