Sunday, October 28, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival!

Since I actually have a blog now, why not participate in the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side?!  I have enjoyed looking at the quilts in this festival for the past few years, so I am excited to actually participate this time.

The quilt I am entering is a baby quilt that I made earlier this year for a dear friend's baby girl.  This particular friend and I go way back - we were roommates in college and had such a great time.  We are lucky to live in the same town and get together often.  My friend came over to my house and picked the lovely fabric out of my stash!!  The quilt itself is very simple, but such a cheerful, happy design. 

Verna baby girl quilt

This quilt is made out of the lovely Verna by Kate Spain for Moda Fabrics and the pattern is actually a free pattern from Kate Spain on the Moda website.  This is kind of my go to baby quilt pattern.  Super easy and a great result every time. 

Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 42" x 42"
Special techniques used : none other than pieced and quilted by me!
Quilted by : me! - an all over stippling
Best Category : Baby Quilt Category

Thanks for stopping by!  I can't wait to see all of the pretty quilts.  Thank you for hosting this fun festival Amy!


7 comments:

  1. Cute! It's good to have a solid go-to for baby quilts. I often find that I forget about due dates and need a quick quilt I'm familiar with...

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet! I love the border fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift for a sweet friend. I love those fabrics, too, and have also made a baby quilt for a friend out of it. Congratulations on participating in the blogger's quilt festival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky baby! What a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I'm sure this quilt will be well loved for years!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete