Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vintage Holiday Quilt Along

For the past few weeks I have been participating in the Vintage Holiday Quilt Along hosted by Heidi who blogs over at Fabric Mutt.  Isn't that just the cutest blog name?!  Anyway, Heidi has been leading us and keeping us all on task as we make the Vintage Holiday pattern designed by the talented Camille Roskelley

This pattern has been so much fun to make (and easy!) and I have loved seeing how different every one's blocks look! I decided to make my quilt out Sherbet Pips by Aneela Hoey for Moda fabrics.  I had been hoarding a fat quarter bundle of this fabric and I thought this line had a winter feel to it - with the scarves and all and I am just so pleased with this choice!  There is a holiday feel to the quilt but with non-traditional colors.

My top three favorite blocks in this quilt are.....

Block 12
People scooting with scarves

Block 8
Puppies playing

Block 3
Little Girls on Swings



I have actually finished quilting and binding this quilt but have been unable to take pictures yet, so I will leave you with a picture of the finished quilt top.  Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and I will be able to get a good finished picture posted in the next few days.

Pips Vintage Holiday!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet quilt to get you into the Christmas Spirit!! I LOVE IT! (and it is even cuter in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable - love your fabric selection. Can't wait to see it quilted. Mine is waiting to be quilted, too.

    ReplyDelete