Friday, April 12, 2013

Honey Honey

When I first saw the line Honey Honey by Kate Spain, I was instantly smitten!  I love the fun bright colors and I especially adore the floral prints!  Really, I love everything Kate Spain designs and I am not at all embarrassed to admit that I have purchased something in every one of her lines.

Honey Honey baby quilt

This sweet little baby quilt is off to a new little baby girl named Holland.  I used the Charms Squares Baby Quilt pattern from Elizabeth Hartman to make this one.  This quilt is easy to whip up and may now be my favorite go-to baby quilt pattern!  It simply uses one charm pack and not much yardage for the top.

Honey Honey quilting


I quilted straight lines in the gray areas of the quilt with my walking foot and guide bar attached.  It was the first time I had used the guide bar and I will definitely be using that again.  Then I stitched in the ditch around the charm squares.

Honey Honey backing

For the backing I used one of my favorite prints in the Honey Honey line, called Wayside Garden in Linen Violet and for the binding I used the print Pollen Blush.

Linking up to Finish it Up Friday today!  Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. That sweet little "Honey" will love her new quilt. The straight line quilting gives it a great modern feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! what a lovely and personal gift. Hope Holland uses it for years to come!

    ReplyDelete