Friday, April 5, 2013

Houndstooth: Finished!!

The Houndstooth baby quilt I started a month or two ago is finished!  Woo hoo!  I am so pleased with how it turned out.


Finished Houndstooth!


This is for a little boy who will be born in June, so it feels good to be ahead on something - for once.  

I used Moda Bellas Solids - purple and grey for the front fabrics.  I free motion quilted this on my machine with a stipple.  I love to stipple.


Quilting Close-up


The baby is going to be named Jackson and they will call him Jacks for short so I couldn't resist using the grey jacks print from the Apple Jack line by Tim & Beck for Moda for the backing.  I nerdy like that sometimes.  And of course, I forgot to take a picture of the back.

I would like to make this pattern (Houndstooth by V&Co) again someday with different colors!  The color combinations are endless!

Linking up to Finish it Up Friday today.

4 comments:

  1. Great quilt! I'm partial to purple, so I love the colors....

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo pretty . .purple is a favorite . .so is houndstooth! :) beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so cute. I love the gray and purple together and the quilting is wonderful. What a clever little surprise on the back!! It will surely be treasured!

    ReplyDelete